Electromotive products are known to perform for decades under demanding use. To demonstrate our confidence in our products, we provide a 1 year factory warranty. This makes the Electromotive name one of the most trusted in the industry.
- The warranty period is now calculated on the date the user purchased the product versus the date it left the factory (when the customer can provide a copy of their original purchase receipt).
- We offer free standard return shipping back to the customer for products under warranty that were found to have defects.
- If we have to replace or repair your product under warranty, the new, refurbished or repaired product will come back to you with a full 1-year warranty.
- We now warrant all products we sell, but don’t manufacture, with a 90-day replacement warranty. We did not previously warrant those products.
LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY
Products manufactured by Electromotive (XDi Ignitions and TEC ECUs) are built to last. Many of our products have been in service for multiple decades. Products sold, but not manufactured, by Electromotive are warranted as described under Third Party Products and Parts.
Should your product fail to function properly during the warranty period, please first check Tech Support information available at www.electromotive.com under the Support tab. You may find that the issue is due to something other than unit malfunction.
New Product Limited Warranty
With a 1-year limited warranty, Electromotive offers, by far, one of the best warranties in the business on all new XDi and TEC units, for the original purchaser only, from the original purchase date. We warrant all products manufactured by Electromotive to be free of defects in materials and workmanship during the warranty period. Any defective products that are returned to Electromotive within the warranty period will be repaired or replaced, at the option of Electromotive. Replacement products may include remanufactured or refurbished products or components.
The replacement product will, in turn, be warranted to the original purchaser for 1 years from the date of replacement.
Note: Products that show evidence of tampering, abuse, accident damage, unusual wear and tear, or other unusual conditions may be excluded from warranty coverage. See details under Warranty Exclusions.
Electromotive will pay for standard shipping to return the repaired/replacement unit to the customer, if a defect covered under warranty is found. However, if your product is shown to be performing correctly when we receive it, or if it is excluded from warranty coverage as described below, you may be charged a small fee for handling and return shipping.
If You Need Warranty Service:
Notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.331.0100 M-F 8:30 to 5:00 ET. Then, send (1) a completed Electromotive Diagnostic & Repair Request Form, with a summary of the issues you are experiencing; (2) a copy of your sales receipt; and (3) the XDi or TEC unit. Ship to: Electromotive Repairs, 9131 Centreville Road, Manassas, VA 20110. You must include the sales receipt, and it must clearly show name of the seller, date of purchase and purchase amount.
Out-of-Warranty Product Repair
Should your product be out of warranty, we offer factory diagnosis and repair services. There is a small fee for diagnosis and estimation of repair costs. Check with us for the current diagnosis fee. You will have options including (1) repair; (2) purchasing a refurbished unit (if available); or (3) trading your old unit for a discount on a new unit. We strive to keep our repair times to within 5 business days, plus shipping days.
Third-Party Products and Parts
We make every attempt to source third-party products and parts that live up to our quality standards. In the rare instance that one of these third-party products/parts fails within 90 days of purchase, return it to us along with a copy of your sales receipt and we will replace it with a new, remanufactured, or refurbished product, unless an exclusion listed under Warranty Exclusions applies.
The following conditions are excluded from warranty coverage:
- Any product, on which the serial number has been defaced, modified or removed or does not appear in the Electromotive serial number registry.
- Damage, deterioration, or malfunction resulting from:
- Accident, misuse, neglect, contamination, fire, water, lightning, or other acts of nature, unauthorized product modification, tampering, or failure to follow instructions supplied with the product/available for download from electromotive.com
- Repair or attempted repair by anyone not authorized by Electromotive
- Removal or installation of the product
- Causes external to the product, such as electric power fluctuations or failure
- Use of supplies or parts not meeting Electromotive specifications
- Any cause other than a defect in a product sold or provided by Electromotive
All determinations as to warranty coverage, warranty exclusion, and appropriate remedy will be made in the reasonable discretion of Electromotive.
Disclaimer of Implied Warranties
Apart from the above Limited Warranty, Electromotive disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties or merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and any warranties that might otherwise arise from usage of trade or course of dealing.
Exclusion of Damages
Your sole and exclusive remedy, and Electromotive’s entire obligation, for breach of warranty is repair or replacement of the defective product. Electromotive’s liability is limited to repair or replacement of the defective product. In no event will Electromotive be liable for any monetary damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental, punitive, exemplary, or other damages, arising out of or in connection with any product (including third party products) sold or provided by Electromotive. This exclusion applies to all monetary damages of any kind, including but not limited to:
- Costs of removal, installation, tuning or set up of the product before or after the malfunction
- Damage to, or costs of repair to, the engine or vehicle on which the product was installed or to any other property
- Damages for inconvenience, loss of use of the product, loss of time, loss of profits, loss of business opportunity, loss of goodwill, interference with business relationships, or other commercial loss, even if advised of their possibility of such damages
- Claims against the customer by third parties
- Shipping charges from the customer to Electromotive
- Damages or costs resulting from a cause other than a defect in a product sold or provided by Electromotive
This exclusion of damages shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and shall continue in effect regardless of whether Electromotive has been advised or should have known of the possibility of any particular damages, regardless of whether any exclusive remedy provided in this Agreement is deemed to have failed of its essential purpose, and regardless of whether the customer is deemed to have been left without an effective remedy.
Download Diagnostic & Repair Request Form
Electromotive is a manufacturer and distributor of high-quality performance control parts for racing engines. We sell our primary electronic direct ignition and engine management system products through registered Value-Added Resellers (VAR) and Authorized Installer/Tuners (AI/T) around the world.
We do sell certain accessories, replacement parts and tools directly via this website. Simply register as a direct customer and select items for your shopping cart.
To find a VAR or AI/T for your needs, click on VAR and AIT Directory. If you are interested in becoming an Electromotive VAR or AI/T, click here for more information and an application.
If you have questions, call us at 703.331.0100, ext. XXX or email us at email@example.com
Register Your Product
Need intro copy